1. Question: If a website’s search engine saturation with respect to a particular search engine is 20%, what does it mean?
Answer: 20% of the webpages of the website have been indexed by the search engine .
2. Question: 10 people do a web search. In response, they see links to a variety of web pages. Three of the 10 people choose one particular link. That link then has a __________ clickthrough rate.
Answer: 30 Percent.
3. Question: Which of the following factors have an impact on the Google PageRank?
Answer: The total number of inbuond links to a page of a web site .
4. Question: What does the 301 server response code signify?
Answer: Moved permannetly .
5. Question: If you enter ‘Help site:www.go4expert.com’ in the Google search box, what will Google search for?
Answer: It will find pages about help www.go4expert.com .
6. Question: What is Anchor Text?
Answer: It is the visible text that is hyper linked to another page .
7. Question: Which of the following free tools/websites could help you identify which city in the world has the largest search for the keyword – “six sigma”?
Answer: Google Trends .
8. Question: What term is commonly used to describe the shuffling of positions in search engine results in between major updates?
Answer: Flux .
9. Question: Are RSS/Atom feeds returned in Google’s search results?
Answer: No .
10. Question: Which of the following statements regarding website content are correct?
Answer: If you have two versions of a document on your website, Google recommends that you only allow the indexing of the better version
11. Question: What does the term Keyword Prominence refer to?
Answer: It refers to the fact that the importance of choosing high traffic keywords leads to the best return on investment .
12. Question: What is the term for Optimization strategies that are in an unknown area of reputability/validity?
Answer: Grey hat techniques .
13. Qestion: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to natural links?
Answer: They are voluntary in nature .
14. Question: Which of the following can be termed as good keyword selection and placement strategies?
Answer: a. Targeting synonyms of the main keyword
d. Optimizing five or more keywords per page .
15. Question: What does the 302 server response code signify?
Answer: The page has temporarily moved .
16. Question: Which of the following statements about FFA pages are true?
Answer: They are also called link farms .
17. Question: What is the name of the search engine technology due to which a query for the word ‘actor’ will also show search results for related words such as actress, acting or act?
Answer: RSD (realtime synonym detection) [May be Not sure]
18. Question: What will the following robots.txt file do?User-agent:GooglebotDisallow:/*?User-agent:ScooterDisallow:
Answer: It will disallow Google from crawling any of the dynamically generated pages. It will also disallow the altavista scooter bot from accessing any page .
19. Question: Which of the following statements about RSS are correct?
Answer: It is a form of XML .
21. Question: Which of the following options are correct regarding the Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI) of a particular keyword?
Answer: a. It is directly proportional to the popularity of the keyword .
b. It is inversely proportional to the competiton for the keyword .
22. Question: What is the illegal act of copying of a page by unauthorized parties in order to filter off traffic to another site called?
Answer: Pagejacking [May be Not Sure] .
23. Question: Which of the following search engines offers a popular list of the top 50 most searched keywords?
Answer: Lycos .
24. Question: Which of the following search engines or directories provides the main search results for AOL?
Answer: Google .
25. Question: Which of the following can be termed as appropriate Keyword Density?
Answer: 3-4% .
26. Question: The following robots meta tag directs the search engine bots:<META NAME=”robots” CONTENT=”noindex,nofollow”>
Answer: Not to index the page and not to follow the links in the page .
27. Question: What is Keyword Density?
Answer:The number of times the keyword is used / (DIVIDED BY) the total word count on page – (MINUS)the total words in HTML on the page .
28. Question: Which of the following are examples of agents?
Answer: a. Internet Explorerb.
b. Search engine spidersc.
c. Opera .
29.Question: If you search for the term “iq test” in the Word Tracker keyword suggestion tool, will it return the number of independent searches for the term “iq”?
Answer: Yes .
30. Question: Cloaking is a controversial SEO technique. What does it involve?
Answer: Offering a different set of web pages to the search engines.
31. Question: Which of the following facts about Alexa are correct?
Answer: Alexa provides free data on relative website visitor traffic .
32. Question: Google gives priority to themed in-bound links.
Answer: True .
33. Question: Which of the following methods can help you get around the Google Sandbox?
Answer: Buying an old Website and getting it ranked .
34. Question: A Hallway Page is used to:
Answer: Enables search engine bots to index the Doorway Pages .
35. Question:Which of the following options describes the correct meaning of MouseTrapping?
Answer: The web browser trick, which attempts to keep a visitor captive at on a website.
36. Question: What is the most likely time period required for getting a Google page rank?
Answer: 2-3 Months .
37. Question: All major search engines are case sensitive.
Answer: False .
38. Question: Which of the following website design guidelines have been recommended by Google?
Answer: Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link .
39. Question: How are site maps important for the search engine optimization process?
Answer: Site maps help the search engine spider pick up more pages from the website
40. Question: Google looks down upon paid links for enhancing page rank. If a website sells links, what action/s does Google recommend to avoid being penalized?
Answer: Paid links should be disclosed through the “rel=nofollow” attribute in the hyperlink